Director, Engine Maintenance
Location:TUL Mtc & Engr Base (TUL-MNTC)
Additional Locations: None
Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities, both at work and during your time off? Join our American Airlines family, and you'll travel the world, grow your expertise and become the best version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you'll tackle challenges with flexibility and grace, learning new skills and advancing your career while having the time of your life. Feel free to enrich both your personal and work life and hop on board!
The Director, Engine Maintenance directs all American Airlines engine maintenance, repair, and overhaul (MRO) activities with oversight of American's two engine shop locations: Tulsa, Oklahoma and Charlotte, North Carolina. This position, based in Tulsa, Oklahoma, directs a population of over 600 employees, to include management and frontline union team members. The preferred leader must have in-depth operating experience in the aerospace engine maintenance, repair, and overhaul (MRO) business, be operations focused, hands-on, and entrepreneurial. The successful candidate must be able to lead change and challenge internal business practice norms and customs. The successful candidate will be a core member of the management team who demonstrates and cultivates collaborative relationships across all work groups and teams in support of American Airlines' five leadership attributes:
- Caring - We care about all team members
- Collaboration - We succeed as a team
- Development - We build future leaders
- Results - We drive to be the best
- Future - We continually challenge the status quo
- Accountable leader for ensuring safety, quality, and compliance of people and processes within span of care
- Strengthen the culture of inclusion, diversity, and development for team members across the organization
- Conduct business in a manner that enhances labor relations in support of the existing labor agreement and associated provisions.
- Lead and collaborate with other stakeholders on business strategies that best position the organization to achieve the mission for today and in the future
- Oversee and manage budget, including forecasting, to ensure accuracy, accountability, and cost control
- Establish methods & metrics for cost effective use of manpower, equipment, and facilities
- Lead continuous improvement strategies to increase revenue, reduce cost, gain efficiencies, improve customer service, and enhance employee experience
- Ensure AA remains in compliance with all governmental requirements, e.g., OSHA, FAA, EPA, and DOT, through the development and implementation of procedures
Minimum Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
- Demonstrate the highest level of ethics and integrity
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- 7 years of engine MRO leadership experience at a manager level or above
- 5 years of experience leading a unionized workforce
Preferred Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
- Degree in Business, Finance, Planning, Aeronautics, or related area preferred
- A&P license preferred
Skills, Licenses & Certifications
- Experience having multi-site responsibility for a business unit
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with ability to handle complex topics comfortably and to interact effectively with all levels, both verbally and written
- Strong operational focus with the able to establish a culture of trust internally and externally, while ensuring a workforce aligned to corporate goals
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills with an aptitude for problem solving
- Demonstrated management style and technical competence that attracts and motivates top talent and generates confidence and respect from all levels of the company and its stakeholders
Feel free to take advantage of all that American Airlines has to offer:
- Travel Perks: Ready to explore the world? You, your family and your friends can reach 365 destinations on more than 6,800 daily flights across our global network.
- Health Benefits: On day one, you'll have access to your health, dental, prescription and vision benefits to help you stay well. And that's just the start, we also offer virtual doctor visits, flexible spending accounts and more.
- Wellness Programs: We want you to be the best version of yourself - that's why our wellness programs provide you with all the right tools, resources and support you need.
- 401(k) Program: Available upon hire and, depending on the workgroup, employer contributions to your 401(k) program are available after one year.
- Additional Benefits: Other great benefits include our Employee Assistance Program, pet insurance and discounts on hotels, cars, cruises and more
From the team members we hire to the customers we serve, inclusion and diversity are the foundation of the dynamic workforce at American Airlines. Our 20+ Employee Business Resource Groups are focused on connecting our team members to our customers, suppliers, communities and shareholders, helping team members reach their full potential and creating an inclusive work environment to meet and exceed the needs of our diverse world.
Are you ready to feel a tremendous sense of pride and satisfaction as you do your part to keep the largest airline in the world running smoothly as we care for people on life's journey? Feel free to be yourself at American.
Additional Locations: None